Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Packing fish takes FOREVER

Cleaning fish fillets. See the devil light? My eyes are dead.


Today was a pretty slow day. So I was having sleeping issues here since 1) I need sound to sleep and there are no fans, crickets, or anything of the sort except fighting bears- that will give you nightmares and 2) the pillow I've been using is about as comfortable as a sack of rocks. Anyways, yesterday I whined enough so Scott gave me a fluffy (for Alaska, definitely not Holiday Inn status or anything) pillow and I bought "Crickets" on ITunes aka the sound of crickets chirping in the rain. Put that puppy on last night around 1AM  and slept until 10. Then I started folding some laundry around 11 in my room and was starting to doze off I was like umm whats going on, oh yeah playlist "Crickets" is still on repeat. So today I did Zumba with some of the ladies here it was a blast- got the Latin vibes flowing again (and keeps the teaching fresh). So for the whole hellish afternoon, we cut the fish fillets into pieces and vacuum sealed them. Sounds simple right? Well, if you know anything about bottom fish you probably know why it took so long to go through 80 POUNDS of fillets with the spotlight.
1/2 halibut. Holy fillets. And yes, my eyeballs are a wreck from the light.
All I have to say is, I may have freaked out once or twice, and no worries everyone should still keep eating fish I'm not trying to spook anyone. After that we ate some delicious fish for dinner, I made more salmonberry shortbread cookies (um, porky pig here needs to start running the moment I get off that plane Tuesday) and we watched Boondock Saints- I don't care who you are you have to love that movie. Also, I think that halibut kiss (okay so I motioned like I was going to kiss the halibut for a picture yesterday and a wave hit and it actually happened) gave me a sore throat or something because my throat feels like hell. I better not be getting a headcold before 24 hours of flying on Monday-Tuesday. That.would suckkkk!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment