Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

Last Day Already :( noooo!

Last day completely flew by (of course!). We woke up and made everyone a pretty frickin epic (it was pretty foggy out, Scott says) breakfast – eggs, chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes, bacon (“mmmm breakfast,” Scott says,  only have 3 burners so we had to use one on the porch to maximize our food making potential”), venison sausage, homefries, um yeah delicious. Venison sausage is so savagely delicious I could eat it all day. So I’m blogging with Scott next to me so I’ll add in his commentary also- some of my favorite posts solely for the fact that his comments (such as just now: “Oh, I made you those badass earrings”) are either totally out in left field, or do not fit into what I’m writing. Anyways, after breakfast we went (“they were badass come on now”- Scott says about the earrings. Again, totally doesn’t fit into my story) out to Little Kitoi and Scott snagged a beautiful red sockeye salmon! Okay so we were planning on the worst- we brought a bow, a 12 guage shotgun, and a .44 pistol incase the snagging hooks wouldn’t work on the fish. Yes, I was desperate. Scott tried to get a few with the bow, but it didn’t work out for him at all. Then he was trying to hook the fish so hard he almost caught his face with the GIANT snagging hook and I was nervous so I ducked and covered and put my (Scott says, “You can tell them about me almost hooking myself in the goddamn face with that snagging hook, sucker almost -I don’t even know anymore- but it definitely almost almost (yes he said it twice) macked me in the dome. If it didn’t wrap around the pole 6 times, probably woulda got me. Saved by the fishing rod”) lifejacket over my face so I wouldn’t get nabbed in the face with a fist sized treble hook.  But after all that chaos, he got a nice red one. After that we were kind of done fishing (“Poor Carl lost all his fishing tackle, I kind of felt bad, and he didn’t have his drag adjusted real well”- Scott) because yeah Carl had issues and we were sick of catching pink salmon. There was a badass eagle over there though it was chirping and being just plain awesome. So we go over to another fishing spot and there were no fish so we busted out the guns. I shot the shotgun (it was a pump- ummm I LOVE pump shotguns) so I just shot 5 rounds real fast, followed with a “yeahhhh, that was badass” and I also shot the .44 pistol- also amazing. Then I took pictures holding all the weapons, though I have no idea what I’m doing with a bow because the damn thing fell apart when I tried to pick it up to carry down to the boat this morning (“I;m so excited to be able to drive my truck in a couple days”-Scott). After shooting and fishing, Scott gave me some chucks of venison and I put them through the dang meat grinder for 2 hours to make hamburg (RI friends- venison meatballs yeah baby). We had more salmon burgers- I know I have a very horrible obsession- for dinner and drank more homemade beer and bang Alaska trip is over folks. How depressing. Tomorrow we fly out at 10AM and then can adventure in the town of Kodiak for the afternoon (which I’m actually very excited about!) and then the flying marathon continues.
Absolutely beautiful red male sockeye.

Hey pretty birdy

Carl-"Molly, you can't pretend to be a gangster with those damn blue earmuffs on" umm, I see more serious issues here with me "trying to be gangster" than the earmuffs. Maybe the squat? Or dumb face?

Blowing the smoke from the pistol- loved shooting that baby

Trying to be gangster round 2- aka, looking like I'm about to fall/ looking like I have a mental illness

I know I don't look like Zelda the warrior princess, but I definitely felt like her.

This eagle was just bouncing on a log. So awesome.

True bliss. I love the outdoors, I love fishing, I love Alaska. Perfect picture to tie together my whole trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment