Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2012

Guys, This Alaska Thing Is Super

So since my New England woman butt has landed in Alaska, I have not paid for a thing! Not because I'm not buying anything, but because men just love buying me food and drinks. This is optimum for all life purposes, why don't guys out east do this? Haha. Flying today was good. NY-CHICAGO= sleepingggg. Chicago-Seattle= sleep/breathing on the lady next to me's neck the whole time we flew over the Rockies. Sorry lady, I needed a window seat for that view. Sam and Brian, we need to go there hiking. So as we flew over the awesome Rockies, I thought of how frickin sweet wolverines are because obviously I watch National Geographic and they said "wolverines just scale these mountains like all the time". I don't care how much honey badgers don't give a shit, wolverines are so much cooler. Like, they eat bones too. Anyways. I had 10 MINUTES to get from my flight that landed in Seattle to my connector to Anchorage. The nice women sitting with me said "just be aggressive and walk up the plane and tell people you have a flight to catch" sooo I try this: fail. Lady in front of me had all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile, she goes "Psh well me too" well obviously your brain is full of spiders you stupid Grinch, cuz if you were thinking you'd just charge on up. Anyways, I made it to my plane only to find that I got so lucky to have the stupid aisle seat while the "Welch's Grape Jelly" mascot (yes, this lady was round, gelatenous, smelled like grapes, and dressed in solely purple) sat in the window seat for probably the best views ever from Seattle to Anchorage. Needless to say, I was fuming. Dude next to me conked out and kept snoring and going "gbababa", dunno what that means, but it was annoying. So we finally land in Anchorage and OH MY GORGEOUS. Mountains, rain, GREEN (Cape Cod seriously needs some rain, because it looks like the Mojave compared to Alaska). Seafood restaurants all over the airport. I will wait until tomorrow to eat salmon, only because I want to catch it myself. SO (best part) I get on this baby plane and the guy next to me gives me the window seat (thank youuuuuuu!!!) AND then the flight attendant goes "it's your lucky day, we are doing $1 beers for the flight on this new delicious brand" (okay, so I added delicious, because it was). Dude next to me buys us each 3. Thankk youu! So then we land in Kodiak, so I thought the Rocky Mountains were beautiful... Kodiak takes the cake. I cannot wait to post pictures gah I just cannot describe how amazing it is here! I just got back from dinner, which, since I'm a nice girl, all these guys bought my dinner. Yeahh buddy. Let's keep this going, I might be able to afford a sweatshirt with a bear face on it. Anyways, I fly out of Kodiak tomorrow to the hatchery! Hopefully I'll post some pictures tomorrow night! Time for me to get some SLEEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment