Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

Alaskan King Crab- yumma, it's the bestest

3 pounds of king crab... oh my.

Crab leg, halibut scampi, homemade beer, yoga pants. Living the dream.

Guys, that is the MEAT from 1/3 of a leg!!!!
Yes, I'm quoting the "blueberries blueberries" youtube video in my title if you caught that. Pretty slow day today for Alaska, which is fine everyone needs to rest! The air was frigid and it was pouring rain and well I didn't really feel like doing anything outdoors, can you blame me? Did a lot of reading, getting my videos together of all the cool stuff I've done, there are some pretty funny ones. Um, guys, why don't you tell me I'm such a sass. Example: "Scott, you know why you don't catch fish ever? Because you videotape the whole time", next example: "Stop videotaping me- I don't like being videotaped I always look bad (caugh sound like my mom caugh)" The ones I took while whale watching were pretty funny too, I let out this wicked awkward noise when I saw one in the camera I sounded like a combination of a dying rabbit and a chickadee. Attractive, I know. So anyways, we ate Alaskan King Crab for dinner- oh my god the stuff is so damn delicious I could eat it all day everyday. I made halibut scampi to go with it and we got some homemade beer from a guy here and just chilled out and watched movies. Tomorrow we are going to see the sea lions, hiking and trying to find some elk racks (um, if I find one, I'm going to tie it to my head and walk around the woods with it on. You think I'm kidding, noooope) and then try to catch me my stupid halibut, or something at least! Hopefully the weather stays kind of nice tomorrow, it's supposed to rain in the afternoon. If it's as cold as today was, I'll be wearing 4 layers. Long johns in August? Boy oh boy, okay summer you can grace me with your presence any time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment