Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

It is HOT

We are currently almost at our turning point near Cape Hattaras, NC and let me tell you it is SO HOT! The water is really flat and beautiful today and the sun is beating down on the water, making it even more hot. I managed to convince the radio guy to put on the Top 20 station (which is playing some pretty awful new music) and Kyra and I just tried to dance for like 5 seconds and we were sweating to death so we had to come inside and sit in the AC. I tried to convince Nicole to do Zumba to Pitbull- I think the shimmy scared her away. They had seared tuna steaks with wasabi in the cafeteria for lunch today. Ryan would have loved them but ew raw fish is just so gross. So I know I am always complaining  about sleep, but I'm just going to keep going. Whoever drives the ship at midnight when I try to go to bed drives like a maniac. Like seriously, how many obstacles are there in the middle of the ocean? Just drive with the waves and stop spinning the boat around. So obviously, I am in my caged bed rolling around smashing myself off all the corners and such. Then when whoever finally decides its a good idea to just go with the waves, I realize that my head isn't comfortable on my pillow. I roll around for like 25 minutes trying to figure out why the hell my head isn't comfortable. I mean, my hands are in the same position as they always are when I sleep. Then I finally thought of it last night- Ryan's hand usually props my head up when I sleep. I need like a rock to put under my head so it can stay up so I can be comfortable. Anyways, I did laundry today and wow the stench coming out of my nasty Jersey sewage clothes was just absolutely putrid. Anyways, back to the clamming and quahoging- we are barely catching anything. I am collecting a ton of cool shells and sand dollars though. Last night around 11 we caught a ton of mud and clay. The entire dredge was filled with it, so Kyra and I both had to climb up into it and rake it out. It took a pretty long time. Today we already caught some surf clams, which we split open and took meat weights on. Hopefully we will find some more clams and quahogs out here in deeper water. The night shift saw some dolphins last night, hopefully I'll see some today!

No comments:

Post a Comment