Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thanks A Lot, Sandy.

Before I show a bunch of depressing pictures of the damage to Narragansett Beach from hurricane Sandy (okay, I guess she had to show me who was boss after I mocked her for days before saying "I can't take a hurricane seriously when all I can hear is John Travolta wailing Saaannddyyy while pots and pans dance around on a movie screen" like sorry can't do it) I thought I'd start with a picture of my lover, the best dog ever, Dukey. His real name is Duke, he is my sister's baby BUT we call him Dukey. He loves getting belly rubs in the grass. Okay, after this, get depressed, or awe'd. Thanks a lot, Sandra-Dee.
Happy Pups

Coast Guard House didn't do too well

What was once a nice sidewalk,

Benches? Not one was intact.

The parking lot didn't fare too well.

Yikes

The road was closed because all this sand was blown onto it! Now it is piled up in the parking lot!

My mom looks so dang cute next to the sand piles, plus this gives you an idea of how tall they are! That's a lot of sand!

Walkway?

Erosion!

More beach erosion

Gate D fence! Gone obviously.

Amazing how the waves can knock this fence over!

Tire on the beach. Check out the sand!

The only bad thing about beach front property..

Serious erosion!

This just plain sucks.

The calm after the storm.

Scott and I sat on these stairs in August (stairs=chunk of wood)

Yup no more stairs.

So unfortunate!

Amazing that the waves were so high only 48 hours ago.. now so calm.

More road devastation

Still so much sand no one could drive on 1A near the beach

What a gorgeous sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment