Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Why Are there Underwear on his Tip- Ups?


Last years tiger trout! This years were definitely not as pretty colored!
 So after our rainbow trout tragedy, obviously dad and I had to get back out on the ice. It was a Friday afternoon and POURING rain. Obviously, pouring rain isn't going to stop us. We figured hey, drill our holes right near the parking lot and sit in the truck and wait for flags. I know, lazy way out, but better than getting drenched (obviously, I did that enough hunting this season!) Total diversion, the dog is sleeping next to me and he's twitching like crazy. Anyways, so we get there around 4 in the afternoon, only an hour to fish but whatever, enough for us! So there was one other poor bastard on the ice fishing near the parking lot, but he was sitting out in the rain. Crazy man! So dad and I were sliding all over the place. Ice + water= fall and break your back. So we drilled our 10 holes and started walking towards the truck, but bang bang! 2 flags up. I lost whatever I had, but dad had a tiger trout chasing around his shiner. When we are trout and salmon fishing, we set our shiners right under the ice. When we are fishing for other stuff, perch, pickerel, crappie, etc., we set about 2 feet off the bottom. We usually do a good variety of right under the ice and far down just to have the best chance of catching anything! People go to Laurel Lake for the day and set only for trout and salmon, and I've witnessed people not even having a flag, ALL DAY! Talk about boorrinnnggg.. [Dog is now snoring and twitching]. So since our set was right under the ice, we could watch this tiger trout striking and playing with this shiner. Dad's philosophy is that trout and salmon hit the shiner head on, so we set our hooks ahead of the dorsal fin. Sure enough, when the tiger trout was done playing, he slammed the shiner head on and we hooked him up. He was a little stockie, so we let him back but I LOVE the markings on tiger trout. I caught one beauty (picture) last year! Anyways, so we let that tiger trout go, and another flag went up. I pulled up a beautiful brown trout (tried to get a picture with him, but my parents don't know how to operate cameras: seriously). Then the tiger trout hole flag went up again and I pulled up another tiger trout (picture attempt (FAIL) below haha). At this point, we notice the other guy glaring at us. He's walking towards us to one of his tip-ups so my dad decides to walk towards him to see how he's been doing. My dad gets 3/4 the way to this guy and the guy turns around and walks away. Um, dad got the SHUT DOWN! I was cracking up hysterically. Obviously, this man was very pissed with us. At this time, dad and I obviously have to start picking this dude apart. Seriously, sass move! First problem: his tip-ups. They looked like little jigging rods attached to a stand. Um, people, I know technology has advanced, but what is wrong with traditional tip-ups? They are cheap, efficient, easy to use, and you can see everything beneath the hole using them! Oh, easy to repair too. Duct tape, anyone? While we are examining these fancy spancy tip ups, we got another hit and my dad pulled up a nice rainbow trout! We caught and released all the fish, we just wanted to do a little fishing! So after the rainbow we were like okay seriously fish, stop hitting we are getting soaked. No kneeling to pull in fish, just squatting, and after doing P90X legs, um holy tolito I was not feeling the squats! So we went in the truck to dry off and my mom's sitting in there she goes "That guy is NOT happy with you two!" The guy was packing up his stuff at this time, clearly um pissed! So when he's pulling up his probably $50 fancy tip ups, my dad goes "what the hell are those?" Mom goes "hm, they look like Christmas tree skirts" Dad goes, full out ranting "God, people these days, got their fandangled fancy ass fishing gear with underwear on it. Who wants fishing gear with underwear? Oh, I've gotta put the skibbies on my tip-up before it gets fishing!! How the hell is he going to see if the line is moving? Whats that little rod for? A midget!?" We gave the angry man a friendly wave as he left, and he returned it with a pretty scary glare. I swear, we are lucky we didn't get any more flags when he was there, or he would have probably grabbed his auger, threw it on the ice and yelled "HORSESHIT!" and stomped around, and with the stomping probably would have fell on his already soaking wet ass. So, after grumpy gills left, we cleaned up our tip ups and I got kind of stuck on the ice. We needed to walk up an icy hill to get to the truck, but dummy forgot her ice picks yet again. I got halfway up the hill and did the duck flap like pleaseee let me get up the hill. Noope, slid back down. Same thing happened again, but more flapping, and my dad decided to help my pathetic ass self. Anyone feel bad for my dad and boyfriend yet? The stuff they have to deal with, I swear they are saints.
Why is this picture upside down? I don't know you tell me. Anyways, that's a rainbow coming out of the hole!

Nice tiger trout I've got, can't you see it? The trout decided that posing for 5 minutes was not it's deal since ya know my parents cannot operate cameras. I always look so attractive when fish are diving out of my hands- hot [mess]

I should be saying "my preciousssssssss" and take a bite out of the trout. Seriously, need to kneel. Squatting= badonkadonk bigger than Fuzzy's!

No comments:

Post a Comment