Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Breaking Windows, Stuffin' Chipmunks... Ya Know, The Usual Deal


Possibly the best afternoon!
First time I ever hit the target!
So I haven't written in quite a while but I haven't really been up to a whole lot except schoolwork, work, and homework- woof. BUT I mean there are obviously a few fun things to talk about. First, Scott bought me a bow for Christmas. Now, its 45 pound pullback weight- so basically picture lawnmowering a 45 pound weight but without a bench to rest your other hand on. Um, hardd!!! So I was determined to not be a weak baby. After Christmas, I practiced with a 25 pound pullback bow everyday and wham, now I can pull back the real bow. So obviously I feel like a badass Native American person. Like, I just want to make myself a dress out of a deer hide and grow my hair out until its to my back and sing "Colors of the Wind" all day while shooting my arrows. Anyways, so I've been doing alright. I can hit the target almost everytime, but then I have a few rogue shots here and there where I'm like ummmm what just happened? So this past weekend, I decided to work with my mom with the easy bow so she could shoot and I shot mine. So there is still snow at my parent's house [woof] and there's Duke poop literally everywhere, so we shot in the driveway. Possibly a bad idea- why? Hmm because a boat, 2 cars, 2 truck caps, a canoe, and some tires could get hit by the arrow. Did this go through my mind? Well, psh, no. Well, it did for my mom. I kept my mom shooting far away from any objects, but I needed a longer shot than her or my arrow would have shot straight through the target (and it is hard to get those things out of foam if they are like real stuck in there). So I move the target so behind it is 2 truck caps, a boat, a canoe, and some tires. I wasn't worried though, because I was Pocahauntis and seriously I had skill. So I hit the target about 12 times, but ya know those rogue shots always come back to bite you in the ass. My final shot went right over the target by an inch, ricocheted off a rock, ricocheted off a truck cap, and smashed the window of the other truck cap. Whoopsies. It's funny because I had Scott's 2 little brothers at the house last week and they ya know get into things, they don't technically ruin anything forever, but they mess stuff up. So I'm thinking about how much of an angel I am because ya know [not that they are like 11 and 13 years old or anything and I'm 22- the age gap may cause the difference] kids wreck everything. Then I go home and smash a window- what a gem I am. But, luckily, my dad shot a rock through the side of his weedwhacker last summer and it shattered our front door so I didn't look as awful. So aside from shooting arrows all over the place, today I got to skin and stuff a chipmunk in lab. Straight up, its like peeling an orange. So you slice up the chipmunk's belly then like an orange you peel his skin off and you get a little chipmunk muscle thing and a skin! Okay I know that is real nasty but its true life- it's like having a roasting chicken chipmunk. So after skinning the little buddy I stuffed it up with cotton like a build-a-bear/chipmunk (I should have put a little heart in it and such, but wasn't feeling it). And whala! From Molly to Chuck Testa in 3 hours- on a side note, we used cornmeal to soak up the bodily juices- never eating THAT again-woof. The stripers should be moving in this week, and the canoe races are in 2 weeks, so I should have some more posts coming!! Also, Scott makes some awesome earrings and flies! He just started his website (he has a lot more cool stuff this is just the beginning) but check it out and look at it often because he will be adding more stuff soon!
I bet you thought this chipmunk was alive.... NOOPE

Check out the earrings! Scott made them- they look pretty elegant for partridge feathers!
                                              Scott's Earrings- Buy Some!!

No comments:

Post a Comment